Weekend Wrap-Up and Random Thoughts
1. Had an exciting time volunteering on Saturday for the “Play It Forward” festival benefiting Emily’s Power for a Cure, a foundation established in loving memory of 2-yr old Emily Ransom to help find a cure for childhood cancer.
2. Watched the film Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I loved this quote: “A true king considers the advice of counsel, but always listens to his heart.”
3. Amazing worship experience and Halloween outreach at FCC this past weekend. God is raising up a people who aren’t content to merely DO church, but to follow the heart of JESUS into the city and reach the lost and broken with the Gospel. So pumped at what God is doing!
4. Looking forward to Breakaway’s KidVenturez weekend coming up in two weeks. Taking a group of underprivileged children and at-risk youth on a life-changing weekend getaway to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
5. My prediction of the Rangers winning the World Series in six games was nullified last night. The Giants are making me look like a false prophet. Dang!
6. This Brett Favre thing is really getting UGLY. PLEASE, somebody convince the old man there is life after football so that he can retire before he gets killed out there.
7. Great meditation on this verse: “…according to the COVENANT that I made with you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit remains in your midst. Fear not.” (Haggai 2:5 ESV). God hasn’t left you! The same Spirit that CALLED you remains WITH you. He is in your midst. Fear not, and never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give up!!!